Election Simulation / Vote 2016!: CPS Student Reflections…
What did you learn today?
- I learned that you have to pay close attention to who you vote for.
- I learned a lot about this election; (the issues) like education, gun violence, immigration and more job opportunities.
- I learned that there are many aspects to voting and many people behind the voting process.
- I learned how politicians can lie and sugarcoat to make people believe.
- I learned the Green Party exists.
- I learned how to get my point across.
- The way a person acts on stage affects the way people view them even if people don’t always agree.
- There is a lot of thinking and strategy that goes into an election. Make yourself aware of the candidates’ positions on national issues and if they align with yours.
- I learned that there is more to an election than just the debates and voting.
- I learned that you have to thoroughly listen to all of the candidates to fully gather your own opinion.
Loyola Univeristy Chicago School of Education Students & Faculty Engage CPS Students in Learning about Civics